I have a knack for being a Negative Nancy more often than I probably should. It’s nice to stop for a beat and be reminded of some of the things that make life a little brighter no matter what kind of situation you’re facing. Here are some of my favorite things.
- Those times when you wake up and panic for a split second thinking you missed your alarm. Then realizing you have another whole hour before it goes off.
- Waking up in the middle of the night and hearing thunder softly off in the distance.
- Clothes fresh out of the dryer on a cold morning.
- Hot coffee and a good book.
- The feeling you get after finishing something you’ve been putting off forever.
- Making a meal that, for once, everyone in the family will eat, enjoy, and not complain about.
- Surprise love notes from your other half when you least expect it.
- Those days when your hair does exactly what you wanted it to do. (I don’t have these nearly enough!)
- Family breakfast on Sunday morning.
- The day after daylight savings time ends. Because of the ‘gained’ hour, I feel extra productive.
- Huge fluffy slippers to wear around the house. Or the grocery store. Whatever.
- A pretty new skein of yarn to add to the mountain of them I already have.
- Re-watching a favorite childhood movie and remembering nearly every word.
- A fully stocked pantry.
- Finding that birthday/Christmas/graduation money you thought you spent but really stashed away in a drawer.
What are some of your favorite things? If you decide to post a list on your own blog, leave the link in the comments so I can take a look!